Jennifer Lawrence Says The Attacks Toward Raquel Leviss At The VPR Reunion Were "Hard To Watch"
"The pile on Raquel is fair, it's all deserved," but became overkill according to the Oscar winning actress.
June 15, 2023 1:10pm
During an interview with ET Canada, JLaw admitted the VPR10 reunion was “hard to watch at the end” due to several of the cast members targeting Raquel Leviss, who had a months-long affair with her ‘close friend,’ Ariana Madix‘s life partner, Tom Sandoval.
“The pile on Raquel is fair, it’s all deserved,” Jennifer noted before adding, “but it was hard to watch at the end.”
She concluded, “It was just a little too much” before releasing a visible shiver to the camera.
The Hunger Games actress then compared Raquel’s backlash to the classic ‘Shame‘ scene from Game of Thrones.
@tof_r Do you agree@ with JLaw? #raquelleviss #vprreunion #vpr10 #pumprules #scandoval ♬ original sound – taste of reality
Pump Rules fan reactions to Jennifer’s opinion were divided.
- “Sit down katniss”
“All deserved?! None of them are innocent. It was too much! They were basically driving her to depression or suicidal ideations for something that’s their CULTURE!”
“Be in Ariana’s position and see if you say the same …the reunion was taped 3 weeks later it’s was so raw and both Raquel and Sandoval were so above it all and self righteous throughout the season they deserved all the heat”
- “People need to remember that this was the FIRST time Ariana was seeing/speaking to her. She had already unleashed on Sandoval. So I can see how it felt unbalanced if you don’t take that into consideration.”
- “agreed. it started to become cruel and lowkey verbal abuse, the cheese grater comment and the constant degradation was too much.”
- “It was James and Lala that were a bit over the top honestly, I mean I love Lala but her level of aggression is too high, let Ariana do the talking, she was the one that got cheated on. Ariana was spot on and totally understandable.”
- “It was gross & triggering to watch assault on real time”
- “Raquel deserved all the smoke she got from Ariana. Sandoval deserved all the smoke he got from everyone. Actions have consequences. Raquel and Sandoval made their bed, and now they get to lie in it.”