Bravoholics Respond To News That RHONY Will Not Have A Reunion
"So we could figure out how to do a reunion at the height of the pandemic but y’all can’t figure this out now?"
September 18, 2021 9:42am
Spoiler alert- it’s not good…
“Due to scheduling challenges around taping the reunion of ‘The Real Housewives of New York City’ in a timely manner, Bravo confirmed there will not be a reunion for this season,” according to Page Six.
“It’s disappointing to not be able to bring the cast back together, but we are happy to have ended on such a high note with the finale, and are now shifting our focus to next season.”
“It would just be so long since the finale,” the source continued. “[It] makes no sense to have a reunion 2 months later so they understand that part, but they are disappointed.”
My shady AF theory:
This speculation comes to you from a Bravo fan. There is no evidence or proof of this…it’s simply a conjecture I’ve made.
I think Bravo canceled the RHONY reunion due to The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip [RHUGT] formerly known as Real Housewives All Stars [RHAS].
Hear me out.
It’s no secret that Ramona and Luann had a less than stellar season regarding their perception of race relations in America. That -paired with the potential of poor reunion performances- could easily discourage fans from watching RHUGT.
Bravo’s Peacock app needs those views (and those subscription payments!)
Need more convincing?
Here ya go…
RHONY stans respond:
Bravo TV’s Instagram account posted a reel of Sonja Morgan joking about poop just before news of the canceled reunion dropped.
The lighthearted video did not get the response I would assume the network expected…
- “You seriously think posting this clip is going to have us forget that you’d rather move on and not have Singer or de Lesseps discuss their behaviors and words?”
- “So we could figure out how to do a reunion at the height of the pandemic but y’all can’t figure this out now? BS!! Do better bravo[sp]!!”
- “The viewers of this franchise deserve closure of this very racist season. This is some bs that the reunion is canceled and you should be ashamed of yourselves. But, @bravotv I know you’re not.”
- “No reunion for NYC just proves white privilege is rampant at @bravo. Protecting the sheer ignorance that is Ramona says it all smh.”
- “@bravotv @bravoandy no rhobh [rhony] reunion so Ramona won’t be held accountable for her racist behavior? Wtf.”
- “@bravotv @bravoandy maybe the reunion was canceled for reasons unbeknownst to the audience. But after a season with so much content about race shown and not allowing the audience to have the reunion they have been waiting for — to address the harmful comments made by @ramonasinger— is giving ‘tone death [deaf]’ and ‘irresponsible.'”
- “You’re really gonna give Ramona a pass for her racist behavior? Gross.”
- “@bravotv @bravoandy Really disappointed to read you are not having a #rhony reunion. This season raised some serious discussions that weren’t completed and deserved more time. It leaves us viewers questioning your motives and seems like you’re protecting privileged white women from accountability, especially Ramona which just reinforces her abhorrent behavior. I understand the show might need an overhaul, but to not have a reunion is shameful.”
- “Just when I was beginning to take Bravo seriously, I’m reminded that this network is so trash 🗑 @bravoandy is really into that ignorant Ladies of Leisure exploitation. If it’s rooted in truth, education, and the collapse of systematic oppression then it’s not palatable for @bravotv . Got it👌🏾 wheeeeeen will marginalized communities realize that our liberation is connected smh.”
I think y’all get the gist…
Want to stay up-to-date on all things Real Housewives?
Check out Zachary Reality for all things Bravo, Bachelor Nation, and beyond!