Below Deck's Heather Chase Apologizes To Rayna Lindsey After Using Racial Slur
"Over the past nine months since this episode was filmed, I have learned how my words and actions can affect others and I vow to do better in the future."
December 14, 2021 12:18pm
Heather took to the ‘gram the night the episode aired to issue an apology to her co-star/colleague for repeating an incredibly offensive word and using the word again while rapping.
“I am sorry for the hurt my ignorance caused Rayna in tonight’s episode. While I apologized to Rayna throughout the season, I cannot express enough how truly remorseful I am. Part of my responsibility as Chief Stewardess is to provide a welcoming, safe environment for the crew and I fell short. Over the past nine months since this episode was filmed, I have learned how my words and actions can affect others and I vow to do better in the future.”
View this post on Instagram
Many Below Deck fans weren’t having Heather’s apology.
- “Ignorance is NO EXCUSE, especially in the year 2021. This is completely and beyond unacceptable.”
- “This apology is straight up meaningless copy/paste buzz sentences.”
- “You were comfortable, drunk or not…”
- “…you are a good manager and yes, mistakes happen (especially when you’re getting served straight Tito’s, I know I’ve been there) but everyone is allowed a second chance. Including you, don’t be too hard on yourself 💕.”
- “If anything.. I LOVE YOU MORE! She was being dramatic af. You good girl don’t worry! Keep on doing you boo 😘.”
- Live and learn! Your heartfelt admission speaks to your character. Everyone can be better. Everyone!