No episode this week.
June 1, 2020 12:01am
No episode this week. Instead here are some places you can donate to support Black Lives Matter, the families of victims of police brutality and murder, and resources on how to educate yourself/friends/family and ways you can get involved. Black Lives Matter.
- Donate to Black Lives Matter: You can find the main donation page here.
- Get involved with your local BLM chapter: The full list is here.
- Or start your own: More info here.
- Donate to a bail fund: This crowd-sourced Google Doc of bail funds keeps getting bigger.
- Support the National Police Accountability Project: This group, a project of the National Lawyers Guild, helps people find legal counsel. More info here.
- Support Campaign Zero, a police reform group that has been working on policy solutions “informed by data and human rights principles. More info here.
- Sign a petition: Civil rights group Color of Change launched a petition asking that all the officers involved in Floyd’s death are brought to justice. Find it here.
- Or another petition: The “Justice for George Floyd” petition on Change.org already has 8.5 million supporters. That sends a big message. Find it here.
A Reading List
White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration In The Age Of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
The Condemnation Of Blackness: Race, Crime And The Making Of Modern Urban America by Khalil Gibran Muhammad
Between The World And Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
The History Of White People by Nell Irvin Painter
The Autobiography Of Malcolm X by Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley
Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde
How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi