Green Manor Website
6400 Westbrook Ave, Union City, GA 30291
Hours of Operation:
Mon 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Tues 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Wed 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Thurs 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Fri 11:30 am – 2:00 pm, 6:00 – 10:00 pm
Sun 11:30 am – 4:00 pm
About the Business:
The History of the Green Manor
Begun in 1910, this manor was built over the foundation of the original home built in the early 1800’s. The original owner, Drewry A. Carmichael, incorporated many special features in the construction of the family’s new home, including the purchase of a brick factory to supply the unusual colored bricks for the home. There are 10 fireplaces, sliding pocket doors, beveled stained glass windows and doors, 2 dual staircases, wide board white pine floors and the solid granite wrap around porch with large columns in front. The large basement was converted much later on into a wine cellar and lounge, popularly known as ‘Tiny Cheers’.
The home was sold in 1917 to Dr. Albert J. Green, and he with his lovely bride, Johnnie Hobgood, moved into their new home. Dr. Green used the front room for his office and his patients waited on the large front porch in rocking chairs and swings; he practiced until shortly before his death in 1947. Mrs. Green continued to live here until her death in 1984 at the age of 89. The manor is now owned and operated by the grandchildren of Dr. Green and has been maintained much as it was except for the kitchen addition where the back porch originally was located.
The original fireplace from the home built in the 1800’s was revealed during renovations.
Cannon balls from the Civil War have also been recovered from the property!