We’re searching for new talent to add to the Taste of Reality team. Whether you’re a writer, social media mastermind or simply a reality TV junkie, we’re interested in talking to you!
Contributing Writer / Reality TV Blogger:
Taste of Reality is looking for writers with sharp wit to join our remote team and contribute to our BUZZ section. You can also be a fan with big opinions… but basic writing/formatting skills are a must! We’re more interested in the entertainment value you bring than a perfectly constructed sentence. We’re looking for both freelance writers and daily/weekly/monthly contributors for a variety of article types including:
- Reality TV Gossip
- Funny Listicles
- Episode Recaps
- Travel Inspirations
- Fashion “get the look” Posts
- Experiential Reviews
- Product Reviews
- Excellent written communication
- Good image editing skills (Photoshop or equivalent)
- Bonus points for experience in WordPress, SEO, social media, and video/GIF making
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to build your portfolio, share your voice, and be a part of a fast-growing startup
Compensation is per post plus costs covered for any reviews of products, restaurants, classes, or activities featured on the website.
To apply: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a note describing why you’re the best person for the job! Please include your writing interests from the list above, the reality TV shows you watch as well as any available writing samples.
Social Media Intern:
We’re looking for a Social Media Intern who LOVES reality TV and pop culture. You are such a fan you follow your fav reality stars on social media. You’ve had a night out at a place you’ve seen on your fav show (SUR perhaps?) or bought something from DASH.
What You’ll Do
- Develop witty social media copy / content to post daily on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using the consistent Taste of Reality brand voice. Familiarity with Reddit a plus.
- Comfortable interfacing with reality stars, followers and fans. Some conversation management with response when necessary.
- Blogging and Image Sourcing: Create articles that leverage the existing site content or reference events happening in social media. Depending on location, occasionally visit locations or sample celeb endorsed / owned product and write a review for the website.
What You’ll Bring To The Table
- Creativity. Not only with respect to the copy and visual assets we’ll use on social, but also in solving problems and keeping things moving with conversation management when necessary. There will be ample opportunity to contribute creative ideas.
- Broad knowledge of social media platforms and what type of content works best in each channel.
- Self starter and proactive as this is a very flexible position
- Meticulous attention to detail. Every single item published is an official statement from the brand, and we’ll need you spot and correct errors in creative and copy. Calling the grammar police!
- Energy and a sense of humor because afterall it is reality TV we are talking about here!
- An understanding of Photoshop and WordPress
- VERY flexible work from home schedule with a commitment of about 10-15 hours per week.
- An opportunity to build your portfolio and gain experience in the startup world, get your hands dirty and learn how a startup functions.
- Depending on your location, free meals and more while visiting locations featured on the site for reviews
- College course credit
To apply: e-mail email@example.com with a note describing why you’re the best person for the job! Please include your social media interests from the list above, the reality TV shows you watch as well as any available writing samples or social media posts/campaigns.